O. Henry Prize Stories 2014 Announcements:
- Guest appearance on the Ohio State English Podcast, discussing blogging.
- My story “I Know Who Likes You” is now available via the Monkeybicycle podcast, Episode 004. Listen and download // subscribe to the podcast.
- My reading of my story “Shapeway” on the Monkeybicycle website.
Joe Sullivan reviews Monkeybicycle 9, on “Shapeway”:
- I have not read a story I’ve loved as much as I love Colleen Morrissey’s ‘Shapeway’ from Monkeybicycle 9. I’ve read it several times. I’ve taken it to bed with me. I’ve smiled at it again and again and again. It’s so perfect, I can hardly talk about it… If you read nothing else in this issue, read this. If you need one reason to buy this issue, this is it: ‘Shapeway.’”
Christopher McCormick at The Review Review reviews Monkeybicycle 9, on “Shapeway.”
- “There is plenty to appreciate in Monkeybicylce9, but “Shapeway” – unbelievably Ms. Morrissey’s fiction debut – demands to be singled out by this reviewer… I’d be surprised if Ms. Morrissey isn’t an avid reader of Alice Munro- she has the same compassion for her characters, imperfect but morally tuned, and a similar ability to write quiet sentences full of longing and heart, vacant of sentimentality. I’d be surprised, too, if I don’t see more stories soon from Colleen Morrissey.”
Jamie Yates at Chicago Ex-Patriate reviews Monkeybicycle9, on “Shapeway.”
- “Some of the stories are complex, layered narratives, with an early example of this being “Shapeway” by Colleen Morrissey… beautifully written, tense…”
Leave a Reply